[THIN] Re: 2003 TS Perf Problem - best way to 100% find it

  • From: "Lilley, Brian" <brian.lilley@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 16:08:27 +0100

are there any metric's maxing out whilst the system appears to slow..

A) is the box paging??
B) are other machines suffering at this point?
C) are there any event log entries (which may appear unrelated) ?
D) does actually stop at any point.. if not a CPU/memory issue, then is
something waiting for a timeout..ie bad name resolution configuration...
E) is box configured for application optimization instead of 'Maximise Date
throughput for file sharing'?

this is just a rough guess list knocked together... best to follow a more
logical approach in the numerous troubleshooting guides...