[THIN] Re: 2003 TS Perf Problem - best way to 100% find it

  • From: "Lilley, Brian" <brian.lilley@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 18:09:49 +0100

careful here.. if you have 2003 advanced server, you get WSRSM which is
Microsofts built in technology to process priority scheduling..which I
understand is possible to disable...also, win2k3 also includes the
improvements in 'copy on write' DLL management stuff..

I'm not an expert and I have only used Aurema's armtech on a win2k server and
the improvements were absolutely gob smacking!

the problem here is that there don't appear to be any bottlenecks? no
processes are doing any hammering...

I would look for any numbers that look extreme.. context switches etc.. guess
guess guess