[THIN] 2003 TS CAL per user

  • From: "King, Jesse" <JKing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 08:49:37 -0500

Hi Gang,

Moving from windows 2000, to 2003 and had a question about the TS CAL per
user.

1) Do you need to specify up front which you want when ordering? Device or
User? or is this selectable when installing the TS license server?
2) In our environment, we have a generic login for a specific business area
- If we choose a per user, will this prevent the generic account to login to
multiple devices?

I am more and more concerned with 2003 licensing because a lot of users
login remotely through CSG, which eats up another device cal. And with not
allowing XP/2000 built in any more, that could be very very costly. This is
why I like the per user model, but I don't see how this would work with the
generic login. Just more of an excuse to move away from generic logins -
hate em.

I've been reading Ron and Brian's TS2003 - Just got done with the license
section. Good stuff...

Thanks.

Jess
This weeks sponsor triCerat Inc.
triCerat makes your job easier by offering essential
applications to eliminate your printing, policy and profile,
and your application management problems.
http://www.triCerat.com