[TextEditor_mcc] Re: Can't compile on OS4

  • From: Jens Langner <Jens.Langner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texteditor_mcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:49:26 +0200

Mathias PARNAUDEAU schrieb:

>>> So, nobody here directly works on OS4 ? Just to know.
>> At least not I. My 3GHz Pentium4 with XFS as a filesystem is SOOO much
>> faster than a pure AmigaOne that it is really no fun seeing the Amiga
>> compiling. In fact I do all of my Amiga prorgamming with Linux based
>> cross-compilers... :)
>
> Ok, I also use Linux or even Windows for some programming and debugging tasks
> on standard code. But for Amiga programming, I prefer an Amiga environment
> ... and for my projects, compilation times are not so long. I have a Linux
> machine (PPC of course !) that is used as a general server (svn, bugtracker,
> web, ...) and for linux development.
>
> But in your case, how do you test apps ?

I am just compiling the apps on Linux. I run my tests, of course, on my
AOne. I have a NFS server runnung under Linux and directly access the
binaries on my home directory there via a NFS client on the A1. And I
even start the compilation on my AmigaOne via a remote ssh session to
the linux machine. So all I really do is to compile the binaries under
Linux because it is faster and also more stable as the native GCC ports
still have some issues here and there.

cheers,
jens
--
Jens Langner                                         Ph: +49-351-4716545
RiÃweg 27b