[texbirds] Re: ebird and other communications

  • From: Khalemd <khalemd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: littlebitrv@xxxxxxxxxxxx, texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 01:00:42 -0500 (EST)

Cannot agree more with Marie.  Kay Hale

-----Original Message-----
From: Marie Stewart <littlebitrv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, Feb 2, 2013 11:52 pm
Subject: [texbirds] Re: ebird and other communications

I would like to say that I am concerned. For those of us  who are not on
Facebook. I understand that some people use it because they like it
better but texbirds  is used by more people than face book for getting
the word out about the birds we all love so much and would like to
enjoy. Could every one please use Texbirds also for the ones that are
not on Facebook.
Thank you for your time,
Marie Stewart
Alamo Texas for now

On 2/1/2013 11:23 PM, Ferguson/Prothro Carol/brenda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been a user of ebird  for several years and believe it is a wonderful
thing for birding records and will only get better as kinks and problems are
worked out over time.  But, I also believe there is a place for sites
> like TexBirds to exchange immediate local information and sightings.  It
> helps
bring birders in Texas together.   But, fewer are reporting on Texbirds and
more
are on Texbirds on Facebook.  I would rather be on