[texbirds] ebird and other communications

  • From: Ferguson/Prothro Carol/brenda <jipseez@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 22:23:04 -0700

Hi,

I have been a user of ebird  for several years and believe it is a wonderful
thing for birding records and will only get better as kinks and problems are
worked out over time.  But, I also believe there is a place for sites
like TexBirds to exchange immediate local information and sightings.  It helps
bring birders in Texas together.   But, fewer are reporting on Texbirds and
more are on Texbirds on Facebook.  I would rather be on
Texbirds than Facebook.  Will Facebook reporting cause Texbirds to fade away?

Concerned,

Carol Ferguson