[texbirds] Re: eBird records - Magnificent Frigatebird this month

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MBB22222@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 22:12:01 -0500

Sorry...My last note was off topic...Let me bring up something more on
topic perhaps....After finding a Bendire's Thrasher ~70 miles from the
state line in Otero Co. NM, I am am now really curious as to if this
species has actually gone undetected/discovered  in Texas.  There are ID
challenges with Curved-billed and the bird was only found by it's different
song.  It otherwise would have gone down as a CBTH most likely. Habitat was
very much like that found on parts of the Trans Pecos east/northeast of El
Paso from what I can discern.  The Ebird maps show finds even closer to the
state line.
Brush

--
Brush Freeman