[texbirds] dark gull at Balmorhea

  • From: Tripp Davenport <tripp.davenport@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 20:33:49 -0500

I think Heidi already posted for me, anyway, I put up one poor distant photo of
the gull in the same frame as a ring billed, it is on the texbirds facebook
page, this gull is interesting, I never got close to it until right at dark
when it was roosting with the ring billeds, slightly larger than ringbilled,
reletive narrow bill, couldnt make out bill color, will have to zoom in when I
upload...dark above and below, light rump patch slight bit of lighter color on
trailing wing edge I believe, but no white, i took 50 plus photos out over the
lake and a couple with flash after dark at the roost...
Sent from my iPadEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at