[texbirds] Utley

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 21:07:02 -0500

  Been a bit under the weather so never left the property today but had
migrants passing thru all day especially around 7P.  Loads of Baltimores
that were often at the bird features or sprinklers.  My FOS Cly-colored
Sparrow of the fall came in briefly to seed but the cardinal herds were too
much for it.  All day the gnatcatchers and the usual warblers, tho an
uptick in Wilson's  Maybe the highlight were 6 nighthawks that came over
late in the day.  I just don't seem to get them here very often anymore.  I
assume they were all Commons.  A pair of Barred Owls are calling now from
back in the canyon somewhere. As it a Chirping Frog and a few toads
energized by an afternoon sprinkle.
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/