[texbirds] Tuesday morning birding, Hagerman NWR.

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 14:48:06 -0500

Things have really heated up but we were able to find 58 species.
No shorebird habitat so we only had Spotted Sandpipers, Least Sandpipers and
Killdeer.  We are still seeing Common Gallinules on a regular basis along with
2 young gallinules. The water levels have remained at a good level but there is
a lot of Smart Weed and lily pads making it difficult to see water birds. The
Anhingas are still hanging around Deaver Pond. Lake level is still near normal.
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/email?subID=S14869890
Jack Chiles
Texas Master Naturalist and volunteer Hagerman NWR