[texbirds] Re: Tropical Kingbird in Corpus Christi near American Bank Center

  • From: Truett Cantrell <tcantrell52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 21:20:11 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

After reading Eric Carpenter's post I made a quick stop to see if I could
locate this bird.  As I was approaching Hughes St I started hearing the
Tropical Kingbird and I saw a non vocalizing Couchs/Tropical Kingbird on the
telephone line boarding Hughes.  This is graduation time for area high
schools so all the parking lots in area of the American Bank Center are pay
to park.  I drove down Hughes St and parked under the Harbor Bridge and
walked back to the parking lot that is bordered by N. Chaparral, Mesquite
and Hughes.  I found 2 Tropical Kingbirds vocalizing, there was also another
Couchs/Tropcial Kingbird in the area but it was not vocalizing and I did not
get a very good look at this bird.  These birds were easy to find.  Thanks
Eric.

Skip Cantrell
Portland, TX