[texbirds] 5-26-12 Hutton's and warblers @ Warbler Woods

  • From: Warbler Woods <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 20:53:21 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

5-26-12 Hutton's and warblers @ Warbler Woods

Today was open gate day that was mentioned in Texas Parks and Wildlife on their
birding issue.  We ended up with fun visitors and birding friends today and we
never hit a parking overflow,moment.  We ended up with 55 species for the day.

Highlights was Bobwhite in fields and calling near the backyard, Magnolia,
Black-throated-green, Yellow and Tennessee Warbler.  We thought we had a late
Orange-crowned, until we compared photos and studied the under tailed coverts.
We also determined that the first bird that we questioned and the later one as
being the same.  The Black-capped Vireo was a no-show, but Hutton's is back
singing, cAlling and bathing in the Warbler Pond.  A Bell's Vireo was also
heard.  We had 3 heron species and had a Yellow-bellied Flycatcher.  Indigo and
Painted Bunting male and females are coming in.

The gate code will be changing soon, which is normal for after migration

To visit:  http://warblerwoods.org/directions/visit

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org
501(c)(3 )
Cibolo/Schertz
Sent from my iPadEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at