[texbirds] Re: TexBirds Still Does Work

  • From: John Tharp <jlt290@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: David Sarkozi <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Ron Weeks <ronweeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 19:23:13 -0500

Just to add my two cents, I completely agree with everything Ron and David
said and I think the bottom line is post post post.... If you go birding,
take a minute to report your sightings, doesn't have to be every time or
just for a walk around the neighborhood, but if you spend a day in the
field or see something you find interesting/fun or rare, spread the word.
In doing so you encourage others to share what they are seeing and you make
the system work and let's face it, a quick copy and paste and you can
easily share in texbirds and texbirds facebook in a few seconds. In my
experience the birding community has always been great about sharing info
and helping each other out. So, take 10 minutes and share a sighting,
birding is (at least in my opinion) much more fun that way.
John Tharp
Houston, TX