[texbirds] Re: RBA - Black-tailed Godwit

  • From: Graham Floyd <spcgraham.floyd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joseph Kennedy <josephkennedy36@xxxxxxxxx>, Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 18:28:07 -0500

Except it also describes Black-tailed Godwit and their ebird checklist has
5 Willet (Eastern) on it already.  Nothing appears out of the ordinary in
the checklist, and it suggests good observation skills, as Horned Lark is
an easy bird for a beginner to overlook.
Graham Floyd,
San Antonio, TX

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 6:18 PM, Joseph Kennedy
<josephkennedy36@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Eastern willets post on those posts. Post describes breeding willets.
>
> On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 5:46 PM, Graham Floyd 
> <spcgraham.floyd@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> Anyone with details on this please post more information to texbirds!
>> Black-tailed Godwit (Limosa limosa) (1)
>> - Reported May 18, 2013 15:30 by Laura Sare
>> - Bolivar Flats Shorebird Sanctuary--Rettilon Rd, Galveston, Texas
>> - Map:
>>
>> http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=29.3872984,-94.7278439&ll=29.3872984,-94.7278439
>> - Checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S14174463
>> - Comments: "Very large shorebird, perched on post in marsh; long necked,
>> long legged; bill 2-3x head, straight to weakly upturned at tip, pink for
>> at least basal half, dark at tip; head and neck orange, somewhat darker
>> than in marbled godwit, apparently unstreaked; upperparts brownish; in
>> flight, tail black, rump/lower back bright white; wings black with broad
>> white wing stripe extending well onto outer primaries; underwings not
>> seen."
>>
>> Black-tailed Godwit (Limosa limosa) (1)
>> - Reported May 18, 2013 15:30 by Bruce Neville cc
>> - Bolivar Flats Shorebird Sanctuary--Rettilon Rd, Galveston, Texas
>> - Map:
>>
>> http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=29.3872984,-94.7278439&ll=29.3872984,-94.7278439
>> - Checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S14173190
>> - Comments: "Very large shorebird, perched on post in marsh; long necked,
>> long legged; bill 2-3x head, straight to weakly upturned at tip, pink for
>> at least basal half, dark at tip; head and neck orange, somewhat darker
>> than in marbled godwit, apparently unstreaked; upperparts brownish; in
>> flight, tail black, rump/lower back bright white; wings black with broad
>> white wing stripe extending well onto outer primaries; underwings not
>> seen."
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Graham Floyd,
>> San Antonio, TX
>>
>>
>> Edit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at
>> http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds
>>
>> Reposting of traffic from TEXBIRDS is prohibited without seeking
>> permission
>> from the List Owner
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Joseph C. Kennedy
> on Buffalo Bayou in West Houston
> Josephkennedy36@xxxxxxxxx


Edit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at 
http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

Reposting of traffic from TEXBIRDS is prohibited without seeking permission 
from the List Owner


Other related posts: