[texbirds] Re: Statewide Text Alerts

  • From: Cameron Carver <c.o.carver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: David Sarkozi <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 10:59:51 -0600

They are not worthy of being reported when over 450 have already been
reported throughout the state! If we want to play this game I will send a
text every time I see a Red Crossbill in Lubbock. It will become incessant
and obnoxious.
The text alert system needs the utmost discretion from its users. Some
people using it have a limited data plan and don't want knowledge on
irrupting species that have been seen in the state in decent numbers for
two months.

Cameron Carver
Lubbock, TX