[texbirds] Quinta Mazatlan WBC Dec 21st & 22nd

  • From: John Brush <jsbrush10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 11:15:21 -0600

Hello,
Below is the full list of the birds seen yesterday and today at Quinta
Mazatlan. The Canvasback is one of the oddest sightings I've had in the
park for a while - we don't have much water! There is a small pond adjacent
to Ruby Pond on the golf course that attracts some duck species, including
the Canvasback today. Other than that, the Clay-colored Thrushes continue
as normal, a Ringed Kingfisher that shows up irregularly, and the usual
suspects.

Happy Holidays!

American Wigeon
Canvasback