[texbirds] Re: Sprague's Pipet

  • From: Jerry Chen <2155b3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 07:29:03 -0600

I also went to Beal's Rd (CR210) yesterday to check out the Lapland
Longspurs.  They were still there and I was able to take some decent
photos. Their flock size was much much larger than that of the American
Pipits that I saw.  Both birds were camouflaged well into the plowed rice
fields.  Here are 2 photos I took:
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2851/11829822304_a96e0f98fe_c.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7322/11829673893_8d7714de3a_c.jpg

Jerry Chen