[texbirds] Special Halloween Bird Walk at Kleb Woods Oct 31st

  • From: "Collins, Fred (Commissioner Pct. 3)" <Fred_Collins@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 16:12:45 +0000

The weekly Wednesday bird walk at Kleb Woods Nature Center will fall on
Halloween this coming week. Participants are encouraged to wear costumes as
long as they don't frighten birds. Audubon impersonators will not be allowed to
discharge muskets in the park however! Roger Tory Peterson impersonators must
speak loud enough for me to hear. Ken Kaufman impersonators may eat dog food
but not Kough too loudly while getting it down.

If you identify a bird correctly you will get a treat, if wrong a trick! Of
course you must use the names on our special Halloween bird list to keep it
interesting.

Hope you will join us. The walk starts at the nature center building 20303
Draper Road, Tomball TX 77377 at 8:30 am. The walk usually goes until about
11:00 but I suspect this one will run a bit longer.  Birding has been
interesting of late, last Wednesday's walk had 5 Blood-breasted Nuthatchets
(aka Red-breasted Nuthatches) and 2 Nightmare Mannikins (aka Nutmeg Manikin)

Fred Collins
             (281) 357-5324
Director: Kleb Woods Nature Center
             Cypress Top Historical Park