[texbirds] Santa Ana NWR, 7/6/13

  • From: antshrike1@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 14:52:39 -0400 (EDT)

This warm, muggy morning I went over to Santa Ana NWR with hopes of finding
some early fall migrants.  I got lucky with my first July Yellow-breasted Chat
for the Valley.  Otherwise there's not too much going on.  I had a couple of
singing Blue Grosbeaks which I haven't seen during summer at Santa Ana for a
few years.  Three Bewick's Wrens used to be a big deal but they're regular now.
 The only water is at the far end of Pintail with Least Grebes, BB Whistling
Ducks, Mottled Ducks , Green Kingfisher and several Tropical Kingbirds.

Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge, Hidalgo, US-TX
Jul 6, 2013 7:45 AM - 11:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
44 species