[texbirds] Re: Salineno clarification please

  • From: "Susan Yost" <sdyost@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pbarnes123@xxxxxxxxx, "Texbirds - Email" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 20:43:48 +0000

Perhaps it means it will be open during the day BUT no food/feeders will be
maintained which is what brought all those wonderful RGV specialities into
view. And the seating will also be gone so it will be BYOC.
Sue YOST
Highland Village
Denton co
From: peter barnes <pbarnes123@xxxxxxxxx>
Sender: texbirds-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 14:10:00
To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [texbirds] Salineno clarification please

I am getting pretty confused by these Salineno posts, which seem to
indicate that the location will be closed. In contrast, the newspaper
article referenced earlier on Texbirds, at the link below, says that the
site will be open during the day but that no one will live in the trailer.
If this is the case, it seems that it will have minimal impact on visiting
birders. So, when we go down to the RGV this winter, can we count on
getting great views of those Valley birds at the feeders during the day?
(
http://www.themonitor.com/news/local/article_d34be814-3c23-11e2-ac8f-001a4bcf6878.html
)

Peter Barnes