[texbirds] Robstown pond

  • From: "Judy Kestner" <jkestner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Texbirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 14:36:32 -0500

This afternoon I passed by the pond at the Richard Borchard Fairgrounds in
Robstown, on Hwy. 77 in Nueces Co. just west of Corpus Christi, and was
amused to see an American White Pelican lolling on the grass accompanied by
6 Black-bellied Whistling Ducks lined up next to it.

A couple American Coots, a Neotropic Cormorant and a Snowy Egret rounded out
the birds on the surface of the planet there.

Very very windy today and the Cliff Swallows and Laughing Gulls dipping down
to the surface of the water were having quite a time of it.  I wonder what
it is like to be able to fly and dip and twist in rough windy weather where
the experience is enjoyable (unlike that in an airplane under similar
conditions).

Judy Kestner
Calallen (NW Corpus Christi)