[texbirds] Reporting Locations

  • From: Ronnie Kramer <ronniekramer1964@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 00:17:52 -0500

I imagine having dozens or hundreds of people around would make it very
difficult to properly study and document such a rare find.  And I'm not talking
about documenting the record to the satisfaction of a records committee.  I'm
talking about documenting the behavior and natural history of the bird to the
satisfaction of the questioning mind.  I don't know what Mark is doing, and
I've never met him in person.  But I've read enough of his posts to know he is
capable of turning this opportunity into a significant contribution to Texas
ornithology that would far outstrip any personal need to take a peek at this
bird.  From what I can tell he's out there most days all day long.   It's his
discovery.  He worked for it.  He earned it.  And he knows better than anyone
else what to do with it.

Now if it were I that found something like this I'd tell everyone right away
because because the greatest contribution I could make would be to vat as many
witnesses as possible :P

Ronnie Kramer
Somewhere between the Rio Grande, the Sabine, and the Red.

Sent from my iPhoneEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at