[texbirds] RFI piney woods stuff

  • From: Bryan Calk <bryanrcalk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 14:57:59 -0500

RFI piney woods specialties:

I was planning on running out to WG Jones SF Saturday for Red-cockaded WP and
BH nuthatch. Is this still a good idea with trail closures for nesting birds? I
am also hoping to find Bachman's Sparrow; is there a good place close to Jones
that is "easy" for them? Somewhere in Sam Houston NF? And for Prairie
Warbler... I know they are much further east, but does anyone know the most
reliable, closest spot from the Conroe area?

-Bryan Calk
College Station/Fort Clark