[texbirds] Re: RFI - Prairie Warbler

  • From: David Sarkozi <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Graham Floyd <spcgraham.floyd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 09:59:43 -0500

There are several good locations in and near the Boykin Springs
Recreational Area near Jasper. Checking eBird, there are a good number of
sightings on Gore Store Road near Silsbee from the last 3 days. I haven't
been there myself this year, but they were certainly present in numbers
there last year.
Prairie Warblers like pines of a a certain size, so the best spots for them
fade out over time and new ones appear. Checking eBird would be a great way
to find the best hotspots currently for a bird like this.

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 1:28 PM, Graham Floyd <spcgraham.floyd@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hello Texbirders,
> Does anyone know of any Prairie Warbler populations closer to Houston than
> the Tyler area?
>
> Thanks!
> Graham Floyd,
> San Antonio, TX