[texbirds] Re: Owl Attack

  • From: "Ervin Fleming" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "endersgt" for DMARC)
  • To: "brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx" <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>, "genemajors@xxxxxxxxx" <genemajors@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 15:58:50 +0000 (UTC)

I was thinking that curly or wavy hair worn loosely might mimic the fur on the
back of a running mammal.T FlemingGrand Prairie

On Wednesday, September 30, 2015 10:56 AM, Brush Freeman
<brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Was she wearing her hair in a ponytail or tied back....Barred owls are
suckers for those little bouncing chipmunks.....
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/
Finca Alacranes., Utley,Texas

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 10:43 AM, Gene Majors <genemajors@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  My daughter who lives in Terrell Hills (San Antonio) took off on her early
morning walk at 5:30 and had gone a block when an owl swooped down and
latched on to her hair, then flew off. Barred owls are heard occasionally
in
the neighborhood and I'm sure screech owls are present. She was not
injured.
Any ideas?
Gene Majors
San Marcos