[texbirds] Re: Of class and cameras - my last words on this subject

  • From: Heidi Trudell <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roisenp1950@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 16:15:59 -0500

Cameron knows how to stir the proverbial pot, as it were. Better him
than others, and at least he can take what he dishes out. I think this
has been an interesting thread on how not to document Harris's
Sparrows to the 'different individual' level (as opposed to 'suspect a
second bird of a species where there's little individual variation')
and how to/not to document birds.

As the one bearing the brunt of the initial criticism, I have to say
that he's my county eBird editor and I probably give him a harder time
than he gives me. This was a broader topic on a public platform and
brought out a LOT of relevant discussion, though obviously some hurt
feelings and ego clashing was included. But I do appreciate the few
off-list words of reassurance that were sent my way - thank you. But I
also know that my sketching is horrid.

For what it's worth, the Gage Gardens were more full of landscaping
work than birds today, so zero HASP of any sort were found. If WTX
were a state, this issue of 1 vs 2 birds would be way more exciting.

Anyway, Brush just nailed it.

Namaste,
-h

Heidi Trudell
Marathon, TX

--

Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary
necessities. - Mark Twain