[texbirds] New CBC in Bandera County

  • From: MARTIN HAGNE <martinhagne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 19:17:55 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

Love Creek CBC - Dec 19, 2013

I thought this blustery eve would be the perfect time to announce a brand new
CBC count in Bandera Co that will include TNC's Love Creek Preserve and TPWD's
Lost Maples SNA.   The Love Creek CBC, sponsored by The Nature Conservancy,
will be co-compiled by me (Martin Hagne) and Rebecca Flack.

The count as it's name applies will include the awesome Love Creek Preserve,
normally closed to the public.  It also includes the famous Lost Maples SNA,
including it's newest acreage addition.    It also includes at least 6 private
ranches, with more to add in the future.

We invite you to participate.  We need advanced birders to lead sections, and
of course those not as advanced to help inside sections.  There is huge
territory to cover so the more the better!   We will pre-assign section
leaders, and possibly helpers as well, but will also meet up that morning at
7am for assignments.  Lunch in the field on your own, followed by a free count
down dinner.

The NW Bandera county location will feature some of the Texas Hill Countries
finest birding habitats.  High ridges, low canyon valleys, valley grasslands,
and oak and mixed forest, many creeks and minor rivers, small lakes and stock
ponds, should yield a nice variety of Hill Country birds.  .

If you want to sign up contact one of us via email:
Martin Hagne    martinhagne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rebecca Flack  rflack@xxxxxxx

Thanks!

Martin Hagne
Bandera, TX

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we created, but by
what we refused to destroy." -John Sawhill