[texbirds] I am blessed to be a bird watcher

  • From: "Fred Collins" <fcndc@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Texbirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 20:15:02 -0600

This morning while commuting to work I had a wonderful experience. A warm
front had passed in the night and a series of low gray clouds hung over the
prairies masking the sun. Occasionally it appeared as a white ball when the
clouds thinned. Above, patches of blue sky were visible between clouds and
high above the low gray ones were billowing white tops bright in sunlight.
Into this scene dropped a flock of Sandhill Cranes to join some already
feeding in a recently plowed field being readied for a corn crop.  They
sailed in, legs down, wings out in a parasail form, gracefully falling from
the sky.

How blessed am I to have seen this.

Fred Collins

On the prairie in Waller County Texas

      TOS Life Member

      HAS Advisory Board

      KPC Advisory Board

NetZero now offers 4G mobile broadband. Sign up now.