[texbirds] Hutton's Vireo at South Llano River SP

  • From: "Rhandy Helton" <rjhelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 12:57:21 -0600

There is a Hutton's Vireo near the Lora's Blind (1st blind on entrance road) at
South Llano River State Park in Junction. I have been hearing the bird from the
hillside across from the blind itself but Saturday I had a quick visual very
near the blind water feature. Just today (noon) I had great views of the bird
near the blind. I think this bird may be coming in for water. The bird was
calling consistently today and has been for the past week. Late a.m. toward
noon seems to be a good time. I also had a Pine Warbler in a mixed flock in the
park Day-Use area today and a Green Kingfisher along river same area twice in
the past week. The Ringed Kingfisher is consistently at the Flatrock Road
crossing of South Llano River in town, early a.m. or late p.m. is the best.
Western Bluebirds, Red-breasted Nuthatch also being seen at park. Lots of Pine
Siskins at bird blinds and we are now experiencing our annual February American
Robin invasion.
Rhandy Helton
Junction, Tx.