[texbirds] Ani directions

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 12:08:14 -0600

Grooved-billed Ani so I hope this will suffice, tho I did not get precise
distances.
  Go to Seadrift which is in Calhoun County on the coast.  On the east side
of town look for Gates Road as you drive thru on Hwy. 185 (directly across
from Swan Point Road)....Go down this road and drive slowly.  Look for what
looks like a green street sign that says "Ireland" (It is just really a
marker for a driveway)...just north of there a short way there will be a
woodland on a draw that folks have cleared a bit for what looks like an ATV
trail thru the woods and that is where the bird was...If I remember right,
if you hit Loop Rd. you have gone too far but I could be off a bit.

--
Brush Freeman
Independent and affiliated Field Biologist