[texbirds] Re: GBH behavior

  • From: Ervin Fleming <endersgt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jkestner@xxxxxxxxxx" <jkestner@xxxxxxxxxx>, "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 19:04:18 -0700

If the Herons ever drink I would suppose it would be at rest along the
shoreline. Conditions were windy, overcast and moderate temps. It was
definitely a feeding behavior. A website I checked today indicated that they do
feed this way but characterized it as 'rare'.
Tom

On Thursday, July 17, 2014 8:53 PM, Judy Kestner <jkestner@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

While staying at a private ranch in Webb County in May, we observed a male
Northern Cardinal and a Scissor-tailed Flycatcher doing something similar,
but they were only dipping their bellies into the water as they flew low
over the pond.  It was a dusk -- hot date?

Judy Kestner
Corpus Christi