[texbirds] Fwd: SA Audubon phone message march 25

  • From: Georgina Schwartz <gbird@xxxxxxx>
  • To: SATXbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 12:54:44 -0500

SAAS phone message March 25 2015

Telephone number 210-308-6788

Georgina Schwartz recording

Hello, this is the San Antonio Audubon Society with our

March 25recording of recent bird sightings and an update

on coming activities.

If you just want to leave a message or report a bird sighting, you

may do so at any time by pressing 5 on your touch-tone phone

and recording after the beep. Just be sure to add your name and

repeat your phone number, please.

We do not rescue baby or crippled birds. Call Wildlife Rescue and

Rehabilitation at 830-336-2725 for assistance. For owls or hawks

call Last Chance Forever at 210-499-4080. In most cases the parents

will be back.

You may also access our website at _www.saaudubon.org
<http://www.saaudubon.org/>_for more

information about the club, a membership form, better directions

to the birding places, a complete list of the birds of Bexar County,

and some photos of interest.

And thank you for reporting your birds to this tape so others can find

them.

The San Antonio Audubon society has been a birding, education, and

conservation club since 1954. We meet regularly on the first Thursday

of each month at 7 PM at The First Tee at 915 E Mulberry at the south

end of Brackenridge Park. The next one is Thursday, April 2 when the

speaker will be Iliana Pena, Conservation Director for Audubon

Texas. Her subject will be National Audubon's climate change report

regarding expected changes in the birds. All are welcome and Bexar

Audubon Society will be our guests.

Tomorrow March 26 we are meeting leader Christian Fernandez

at the Mission San Juan at 8 AM. The address is 9101 Graf Road.

Saturday April 4 we are meeting leaders Patsy and Alan Kuentz

at the Land Heritage Institute property on Neal Road east of

Applewhite Rd at 8:30 AM Info at 210.422.3218.

A small donation is requested.

Monday April 6 We are going to Junction to bird with Rhandy

Helton. Contact Helen Rejzek at 210.679.7437 for more info and

to reserve a space for lunch at a local restaurant.

Thursday, April 9 we will bird the Joshua Springs Park and Preserve

with Desi D'Orsogna. Meet her at 8 AM . To reach the park take I-10

west to the Welfare exit and follow FM 289 until it goes under I-10.

Turn right and the park is on your left. Please call Desi at 830.755.8642

to let her know you are coming.

The next Beginner's walk is on Saturday, April 11at the Judson Nature

Trails in Alamo Heights at 8 AM. From the 5900 block of Broadway, turn

west on Ogden and go to the stop sign at Greeley Street. Turn left and
go one

block to Viesca Street. Turn right and go the parking lot on the left
before

the swimming pool.

Sunday, April 12 we will meet Bebe and Mary Fenstermaker at the

gate to the Maverick Ranch at 8 AM to look for Golden-cheeked

Warblers. Bring lunch and be on time as they lock the gate behind us.

 From I-10 west exit to Boerne Stage Rd and go west 3 miles to

stop sign, turn right and go 1.4 miles to the gate on the left. Please

wear suitable footwear for walking on rocky terrain.

Thursday, April 16 It is Warbler Woods at 8 AM.

19349 Old Wiederstein Rd. The leaders are Susan and Don

Schaezler. Contact them at warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx

The next trip to the Crescent Bend Nature Park in northeast Bexar County

will be on Tuesday, April 19at8 AM with Sandi Wheeler.

Tuesday April 21 we meet Coco Brennan at the Bracken Bat Cave

for birding at 8 AM. We will be expected to sign a liability release

form for them. Follow FM 3009 west from northbound I-35 through

Garden Ridge to the entrance just before Natural Bridge Caverns.

Info at Georgina at 210-342-2073

There will be bird walks at the Mitchell Lake Audubon Center on the south

side of San Antonio each Sunday and on the 2^nd Tuesday at 8 AM. Exit south

loop 410 at exit 46, Moursund Rd, and go south 0.7 mile to the gate on
the left.

This place is now open every day except Monday from 8 to 4 for a small fee.

or free is you are a member. Call 210-628-1639 for more info.

Everyone is welcome at our activities and you don't have to be a member to

participate. If you would like more information or membership in our group,

just leave your name and phone number and someone will return your call.

Happy Birding!