[texbirds] Re: Ecotourism definition for "South Texas"?

  • From: "Chris Harrison" <sandboa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Texbirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 08:06:12 -0500

For my money, I agree with Tim to a large degree. I look at it personally
based on herp distributions since that is an interest of mine and herps are
much less vagile than birds.

My boundaries for South Texas are Del Rio across the edge of the hill
country (roughly highway 90) to San Antonio then SE along the southern edge
of the San Antonio River to the coast. The San Antonio River seems to cut
it about right and it seems to be an approximate boundary for many
Tamaulipan species.

Seminole Canyon is definitely not in South Texas, it is part of the
Trans-Pecos.

Chris Harrison

San Antonio