[texbirds] Dusky-capped Photographed at Ped. Falls SP

  • From: Chuck Sexton <gcwarbler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds TexBirds Posting <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 15:33:49 -0500

Greg Lasley and I finally got a 3- to 4-minute view of the Dusky-capped
Flycatcher at the bird blinds at Pedernales Falls SP at 11:58 a.m.  The bird
called frequently during that short visit but would only call about every 10 to
20 minutes when it was out of view.  Based on the admittedly ventriloquil
calls, I don’t think the bird ever strayed more than 50 to 100 yds from the
blinds during our 2-1/2 hrs there.  Greg’s photos today, and a link to Vincent
O’Brien’s eBird checklist, can be found here:
http://www.inaturalist.org/observations/1040872

Chuck Sexton
AustinEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at