[texbirds] Pelagic Trip photos

  • From: Greg Page <gregpage1465@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 20:05:27 -0500

We had another great pelagic trip. The Red-billed Tropicbird was the
highlight. It flew over the boat several times, giving everybody great
veiws. I was able to get a few decent photos
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gregpage/15460270157/
There was a Bridled Tern perched on something floating in the water. This
was my best view of this species ever and the first time I have been able
to get photos.  https://www.flickr.com/photos/gregpage/15460514827/

We also had both Masked and Brown Boobies. This Brown Booby flew just a few
feet from us and was vocalizing. Mary was feeding it so it stayed with us a
long time.  https://www.flickr.com/photos/gregpage/15622815716/

I think there were about 3 Masked Boobies. This one circled over the boat
several times giving everybody great views.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gregpage/15459867589/

I want to thank all the leaders, it was a great trip. Next years trips
should also be great.

Greg Page
Houston