[texbirds] Canyon Lake Brown Booby

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 23:43:35 -0400 (EDT)

Sorrry, for the late post but we had hell finding a room up here for
tonight. If you are coming to the dam be sure and check out the hiking trail
that's on your left as you come up towards the dam parking area. Jan and I
walked it after watching the Brown Booby and found it quite birdie.

We found Yellow and Wilsdn's Warblers, Female Baltimore Oriole, 2
White-eyed Vireo's, Eastern Phoebee's, Green Kingfisher, Golden-fronted
Woodpeckers, Brown Creeper, and a Waterthrush a LA I think. There was also
another
flycatcher I have not tried to ID yet.

A few pics of Booby, Egyptian Goose and Green Kingfisher
_http://hansonnaturephotography.smugmug.com/Nature/Texas-Birds/17293655_vKBN
QB#!i=2061295854&k=gvFjWJg_
(http://hansonnaturephotography.smugmug.com/Nature/Texas-Birds/17293655_vKBNQB#!i=2061295854&k=gvFjWJg)

David and Jan Hanson