[texbirds] Re: Bushtits in eastern Edwards Plateau?

  • From: George Baker <gn_baker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gcwarbler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, TexBirds TexBirds Posting <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 20:27:08 -0700 (PDT)

I'm a bit late on this thread but wanted to add information on observations
from
our ranch in northern Kimble County - since April of 2003 when we started
keeping lists for each visit, Bushtits have been recorded on 26 of 227 trip
lists, which is about 11% of the trips.  However, the vast majority of those
were recorded prior to May 2007, with Bushtits seen on only 5 trips since then
and we have had no records since January of 2011.  Frequency of trips has
remained about the same, so observation effort is probably not a big factor.
As
for ebird, trip lists are entered for trips when I am there but not for those
when I'm not, so some of the data is there, but not all of it.
All that being said, I would agree that Bushtit are being encounted less often,
at least on our ranch.

Thanks,
Noreen Baker
Austin, Tx