[texbirds] Blucher Park birds and Brown Booby, Corpus Christi today

  • From: Peter Barnes <pbarnes123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 20:37:48 -0500

Doug Ghrist and I spent 2 hrs this morning and 2 hrs this afternoon at Blucher
Park, which was hopping with birds. We tallied 17 warbler species, highlighted
by a male Golden-winged, a male Canada and 3 Ovenbirds, including one 20 feet
up in a tree! There were 9 species of flycatchers present, including an
Olive-sided Flycatcher, Couch's, Western and Eastern Kingbirds, and
Brown-crested and Great Crested Flycatchers. We had a male Black-headed
Grosbeak and a female Yellow-headed Blackbird behind the Nature Conservancy
house across the street from the park.

The two Brown Boobies were in the channel, just north of the Omni Hotel.

Peter Barnes,
Tyler, currently in Corpus Christi