[texbirds] Re: Bird Behavior question

  • From: Virginia Drake <vadrake@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 14:04:50 -0600

At my office in San Antonio we have had a male cardinal with that same
behavior. It flies into different windows around the building.  It happened
at different times of the year for about a year. I've wondered if it is
seeing a reflection and "attacking" the other bird.  Many years ago a
female cardinal would fly into a 2nd story window of our house every
morning for many weeks.  Finally she stopped.  I also would like to know
about this strange behavior.