[texbirds] Bentsen Bird Walk 4.12.15

  • From: Hannah Buschert <Hannah.Buschert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'TexBirds (texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)'" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 18:09:42 +0000

We had a wonderful morning of birding! We started off with walk around
Headquarters, where we had wonderful looks at an Altamira Oriole, Hooded
Oriole, and a displaying Ruby-throated Hummingbird. From there, we headed to
the Nature Center, where we saw our regular Green Jays and White-tipped Doves.
At the Resaca, we heard a distant Belted Kingfisher and watched a Forster's
Tern dive for fish! We finally saw some raptors when we were heading out of
the park-we had a low kettle of Turkey Vultures, Swainson's Hawks, and
Broad-winged Hawks!
Remember to join us for Hawk Watch-daily, till April 30th from 8:30am-12:00pm
at the Hawk Tower!

Species Count
Black-bellied Whistling-Duck 5
Plain Chachalaca 21