[texbirds] Allen's Hummingbird here at our House

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 13:09:00 -0400 (EDT)

Here are a few more pictures of the juvenile male Allen's Hummingbird from
yesterday morning and this morning. This ID was confirmed yesterday evening
when  Sue Heath and Tad Finnell came by on their way home from the Hawk
Tower at Smith  Point. They were able to catch the Allen's and confirm the ID
and 44  Ruby-throated Hummingbirds while they were here. There are still
quiet a few  with no bands this morning. We also had another first here at our
house this  morning with a Yellow-headed Blackbird showing up with a flock of
Common  Grackles.

_http://hansonnaturephotography.smugmug.com/Nature/Texas-Birds/17293655_vKBN
QB#!i=2104640943&k=gxQPZ8H_
(http://hansonnaturephotography.smugmug.com/Nature/Texas-Birds/17293655_vKBNQB#!i=2104640943&k=gxQPZ8H)