[texbirds] Re: 240 Matagorda County - Mad Island Marsh CBC

  • From: Jim Sinclair <jim.sinclair@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brent Ortego <brentortego@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 13:26:44 -0600

Great results! Congratulations to all!
On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 9:08 AM, Brent Ortego <brentortego@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Matagorda County – Mad Island Marsh CBC enjoyed started the
Season on the First Day and had another Great Christmas Bird Count. Over
100 birders participating in the CBC
reported 240 species at the Count Down in the Wadsworth Community Center.
Hi-Lights of the night were reports of Rough-legged Hawk, Parasitic Jaeger,
Blue-winged Warbler, Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Orchard Oriole (New for CBC),
Bullock’s Oriole which were followed by other great species like Fulvous
Whistling-Duck, Cinnamon Teal, White-winged Scoter, Least Bittern, Glossy
Ibis, Harris’s Hawk, Yellow Rail, Wilson’s Plover, Franklin’s Gull,
Burrowing
Owl, Great Kiskadee, 13 SPECIES of Warblers, and Pyrrhuloxia. This
fantastic list of rarities shows a nice
mixture of lingering neotrops and western vagrants.

As always we thank the many birders, landowners, sponsors
and community support which made this Christmas Bird Count possible.
Brent OrtegoTexas Parks and Wildlife DepartmentVictoria, TX

Jim Sinclair (TX-ESA)
TOS Life Member
Kingsville, TX

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of
thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein