[TechAssist] Re: wondering ...Why using liquid lens in PTVs ??

  • From: tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 10 Feb 2002 09:07:07 -0800

The sole purpose for cooling the faces of projection CRT's is primarily to keep
the temp. down so the phosphore doesn't get burned to maintain a bright
picture. These CRT are designed for a higher brightness level than direct view
tubes. The higher the brightness, the more cooling of the phosphor is needed.
Mitsubishi's Earlier ProJo's didn't you fluid, They used a fan to cool the
faces of the tubes. Just my 2 and a half cents worth.

> The liquid is used souly to dissipate the heat from the tube. On past
> projo tubes they would crack right on the face of the CRT.
>
> Bill Grabowski
> Triangle Appliance
>
> Gaetan wrote:
> >
> > Hi gang !
> > I'm reading carefully each posts on PTV liquid lenses .... and was
> > wondering ......Why putting liquid in those lenses ??????
> > Is there any other ways that manufacturers can do that ?
> > why not a full glass lens instead ?
> > Or ,. what is the reason of putting liquid in those ?
> > is it cheaper ? or ... because of developped heat that get into them , so
> > it dissipated the heat better ? (well an all glass lens may not suffer that
> > much from excess heat , in my opinion )
> > It's true that I cannot figure all the concept , cause I didn't work on any
> > PTV up to date .
> > But ... i'm listening and studying .....?
> >
> > Gaetan Bourgouin
> > Techno Logik
> > Terrebonne  Que. Can.
> > techno1@xxxxxxxxxxxx

> > SUBJECT field to the address above.
> SUBJECT field to the address above.

TV Doctors    108 W. Main St. Monroe,Wa. 98272    360-794-6469

SUBJECT field to the address above.