[TechAssist] wondering ...Why using liquid lens in PTVs ??

  • From: Gaetan <techno1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 22:21:38 -0500

Hi gang !
I'm reading carefully each posts on PTV liquid lenses .... and was
wondering ......Why putting liquid in those lenses ??????
Is there any other ways that manufacturers can do that ?
why not a full glass lens instead ?
Or ,. what is the reason of putting liquid in those ?
is it cheaper ? or ... because of developped heat that get into them , so
it dissipated the heat better ? (well an all glass lens may not suffer that
much from excess heat , in my opinion )
It's true that I cannot figure all the concept , cause I didn't work on any
PTV up to date .
But ... i'm listening and studying .....?

Gaetan Bourgouin
Techno Logik
Terrebonne  Que. Can.
techno1@xxxxxxxxxxxx