[TechAssist] Re: symphonic tv B-19WM dead

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:49:27 -0500

Dont have that manual or know what year that is, but we had a couple of year
2001 models with shorted 33 volt zener. The zener was an overvoltage
protector. The voltage on that line went through two 220 ohm resistors in
parallel and then to an 8 volt zener. The 8 volts powered the jungle IC. The
220 ohm resistors were burned up and the 8 volt zener solder was crystalized
from heat. T/A advised that the IC was probably damaged, but it turned out
that only the 33 volt zener and the 220 ohm resistors were damaged. Also
found a Q672 2SA1175 transistor damaged.
It is normal in some Funai products for the standby power voltages to be 1/3
the operating voltage. Hope this helps.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave