[TechAssist] Re: sorting many inbox emails alphabetically by subject, not forum name

  • From: "majorthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <majorthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:05:20 -0800 (PST)

Hi Phil,Bass boat in shop? No seriously the idea sounds good to me.

Regards,Pete

Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just a friday observation. Being with four forums, I usually have over a
hundred emails a day, and may be several hundred plus in my inbox to
sort. As you know, with Mozilla or any program at the top you can click
date, subject, sender,ets to organise them in those groups.
I have noticed our forums put their names at front of the actual
subject. So, if there are 125 emails arriving from tech-assist with
subject line entries from Apples to Zebras, they ALL are in one subject
group since the first word would be ""T" for "Tech-assist" Not in
subject alphabetically. Just an observation, not a gripe.
But when one is sorting out two thousand inbox messages, and 500 are
"Tech-Assist" as a "subject" then this sort of defeats the purpose. We
/know It's techassist.
/Can this group name maybe be second so the email can sort correctly? Or
not in subject line? It would be nice if there were a group of
"Apex","Broksonic",Crosley",etc. in stead of two hundred "tech-Assist".
If you disagree, hit "D" for "delete"
Doesn't matter, as I would never leave this forum anyway,unless handcuffed.
/;-)
Phil Bader
/

--