[TechAssist] Re: sorting many inbox emails alphabetically by subject, not forum name

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:54:48 -0500

Yes! Once I threatened my wife that I'de
 go find something "on the side" but it had been so long, I didn't know
they moved it...
Then I demanded she put everything in both names...she did. her's and
her mothers.
But seriously folks, I really needed to sort these out. I will follow
all advice here. Thanks. back to work
;-)
Phil

Doug Keller wrote:

>Do you complain like this at home? *laughs*
>
>Doug Keller
>Wis-Kel Electronics
>101 Freeland Ave.
>Terra Alta, WV
>USA        26764
>dek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>dek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>http://www.tech-assist.org
>"Whether you're sure that you're going to succeed
>or sure that you're going to fail, either way you
>are right."
>

>Phil Bader wrote:
>

>>Just a friday observation. Being with four forums, I usually have over a
>>hundred emails a day, and may be several hundred plus in my inbox to
>>sort. As you know, with Mozilla or any program at the top you can click
>>date, subject, sender,ets to organise them in those groups.
>>I have noticed our forums put their names at front of the actual
>>subject. So, if there are 125 emails arriving  from tech-assist  with
>>subject line entries from Apples to Zebras, they ALL are in one subject
>>group since the first word would be ""T" for "Tech-assist" Not in
>>subject alphabetically. Just an observation, not a gripe.
>>But when one is sorting out two thousand inbox messages, and 500 are
>>"Tech-Assist" as a "subject" then this sort of defeats the purpose. We
>>/know It's techassist.
>>/Can this group name maybe be second so the email can sort correctly? Or
>>not in subject line? It would be nice if there were a group of
>>"Apex","Broksonic",Crosley",etc. in stead of two hundred "tech-Assist".
>>If you disagree, hit "D" for "delete"
>>Doesn't matter, as I would never leave this forum anyway,unless handcuffed.
>>/;-)
>>Phil Bader
>>/

>Lost Password:
>Email Archives:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx