[TechAssist] Re: sony kv-fs10

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:45:10 -0500

Greg,

That's three posts in about one hour.  Bob from Gemini did write back.
Have you tried his suggestions?

What does "doesn't seem to have sound" mean?  It either does or it
doesn't.  Does the horizontal line show any signs of video?  Does it have
proper voltages on the vertical o/p?  Does it have a sawtooth signal
driving it?

Most important--did you use the right part for the vertical o/p?  A week
or so ago I worked on a Sony KV32FS12 that would shut down with four
blinks.  Someone had put in an STV9379FA in the set.  I put in an STV9379
(plain) in it.  Fixed the set.

One last thing.  Please list the complete model number.  You didn't.  You
left off the screen size.  Many who would try to help will just come up
empty on "KVFS10."

Regards,

Kenneth Smith
Gulf Technical Services