[TechAssist] Re: compaq presario 900 power supply adapter

  • From: "George" <grndmstrg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 23:39:57 -0700

Gary,

That should work with most of today's electronics because of general design
practices that assume npn devices and negative connected at ground reference
but this is not always the case. I have worked on many floating circuits
with positive ground reference using npn and negative ground reference using
pnp devices. This is done some times for compatibility and at other times
just to use up old inventories or bargain buys by the manufacturer.

George
Afana Electronics
Moreno Valley, CA