[TechAssist] Re: Zenith proj. model#A50M91W1

  • From: peggs <peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 08:54:43 -0600

I've seen one of these and found out Zenith had a
repair/replacement program for these models,or
at least for certain serial #'s.
They paid me $200.00 to deliver and set-up the new set
they sent to me,and Box-up and return the old one to
them.

This is the tip I entered into WinStips:
Zenith A50M91W1
Sound,No Pix

1st thing to look for is Blue Pix Tube Coolant leakage on to Modules.
 Zenith has a Modification/Replacement Program for
certain Serial #'s.
1-800-228-1058

Peggs

At 07:35 PM 10/28/02 -0330, sterling pasher wrote:

>I wonder if anyone can help me as this is a new experience to me. Got a call
>for a Zenith proj. today. he  had sound but no picture, I found that  the
>Horz Out was shorted. This was replaced, still the same. Upon inspection we
>found oil from 2 of pic tubes had leaked out. My question (as I am not that
>familiar with projs. as I have only seen 2 before) is ,are the tubes gone or
>can the oil be replaced? Also if whatever caused the leak be repaired? Also
>would this leak cause the Horz Out. to short?
>Buck Pasher
>Buck's TV
>Gander Newfoundland
>Canada
>709-256-7738 (Fax & Phone)
>

>---

>To REMOVE your email address, click here:
>  http://www.tech-assist.org/unsubb.html
>To CHANGE your email address, click here:
>  http://www.techassist.net/forms/change.html
>***NEW*** Tips Added Instantly!!!***
>Submit Repair Tips here:
>http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/